CTM routine for dry skin
A CTM routine (cleanser, toner, moisturizer) for dry skin typically involves using products specifically formulated to hydrate and nourish the skin.
- Cleanser: Use a gentle, hydrating cleanser that won't strip the skin of its natural oils. Avoid cleansers that contain sulphates, as they can be harsh and drying.
- Toner: Use a hydrating toner that contains ingredients like glycerin or hyaluronic acid to help lock in moisture. Avoid toners with alcohol, as they can make the skin dry.
- Moisturizer: Use a thick, emollient moisturizer formulated for dry skin. Look for ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, or glycerin.
- Exfoliation: It is also important to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. Try using gentle scrubs or chemical exfoliants that contain alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs)
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen is essential to protect your skin from UV rays, which can cause dryness and damage. Use sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30.
It's best to do this routine at night before bed, as the skin repairs and regenerates while you sleep. Everyone's skin is different, and you may need to test with other products to find what works best for you.
Dry skin cleansing guide
When it comes to Best CTM Products for dry skin, a cleansing routine is essential.Cleansing for dry skin typically involves using gentle, hydrating products that don't strip the skin of its natural oils. Cleansers specifically formulated for dry skin are often cream-based and contain ingredients that can help moisturize and soothe the skin, such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and ceramides.
Some people also prefer to use cleansing oils or balms, which can help dissolve impurities and makeup while providing a layer of hydration to the skin.
It's important to avoid using hot water, which can strip the skin's natural oils when cleansing dry skin. Instead, lukewarm water is recommended. It's also a good idea to avoid using harsh soaps and scrubs, which can be too drying. Finally, after cleansing, apply a moisturiser to help lock in hydration and protect the skin from further dryness.
In many cases, exfoliating should be avoided or done very gently, as it can irritate the skin.
Using products that are fragrance-free, non-alcoholic and non-foaming is also recommended.
Dry skin toning guide
Toning for dry skin typically involves using products to hydrate and moisturize the skin while also helping to restore the skin's natural balance. Some common ingredients in toners for dry skin include hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and aloe vera, which can help attract and retain moisture in the skin. Other ingredients that may be beneficial for dry skin include antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E, which can protect the skin from environmental damage, and ceramides, which can help to strengthen the skin's natural barrier.
It's important to be mindful of ingredients that can dry out or strip your skin, such as alcohol or strong astringents.
It's also good to use a gentle, non-abrasive toner and apply it with a cotton pad or your fingers by gently patting the toner onto your skin.
Dry skin moisturizing guide
Moisturizing is an important part of caring for dry skin. A moisturizer helps to hydrate the skin by trapping water in the upper layers of the skin. This can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and make the skin feel softer and smoother. There are different types of moisturizers available, but some of the most effective for dry skin include those that contain:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Shea butter
- Jojoba oil
- Coconut oil
It's also helpful to look for products labelled "non-comedogenic", which means it doesn't clog pores since dry skin can also come with breakouts.
It's important to note that even the best moisturizer will not be effective if the skin is not adequately cleaned and exfoliated, so make sure to use gentle, non-irritating products. It's also important to avoid hot showers or baths, as they can strip the skin of its natural oils. Instead, opt for lukewarm water and gentle, fragrance-free soap.
What are the causes?
Dry skin, also known as xerosis, can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Low humidity: Dry air can draw moisture out of the skin, leaving it dry and tight.
- Hot showers or baths: Taking showers or baths in water that is too hot can strip the skin's natural oils, leading to dryness.
- Soaps and detergents: Certain soaps and detergents can be harsh and drying to the skin.
- Age: Our skin naturally produces less oil as we age, which can lead to dryness.
- Medical conditions: Certain conditions, like eczema and psoriasis, can cause dry, itchy skin.
- Genetics: Some people may be genetically predisposed to dry skin.
- Medications: Some medications, such as diuretics and antidepressants, can cause dry skin as a side effect.
- Sun exposure: Prolonged sun exposure can dry out the skin, leading to wrinkles, age spots, and other signs of ageing.
It's important to note that having dry skin can lead to other skin conditions, such as eczema or skin infections. And some of the above factors can interact to worsen the dryness. You should consult a dermatologist if you have concerns about dry skin or other skin conditions.
What are the symptoms of dry skin?
- Tightness and itching of the skin
- Fine lines or wrinkles
- Rough, scaly, or flaky skin
- Redness or irritation
- Inflammation or cracking
- Lack of moisture in the skin
- Itchiness, redness and discomfort on the skin.
- In extreme cases, dry skin can lead to eczema or psoriasis.
Can the CTM routine help with dry skin?
CTM (Cleanser-Toner-Moisturizer) regime can be used to treat dry skin by following these steps:
- Cleanser: Use a gentle, non-foaming cleanser that doesn't strip the skin of its natural oils. Avoid using hot water as it can dry out the skin further.
- Toner: Use a specifically formulated toner for dry skin. Avoid using toners that contain alcohol, as they can dry out the skin. Our alcohol-free Roman Chamomile and Rose Soothing Facial Toner is perfect for you.
- Moisturizer: Use a moisturizer that is specifically formulated for dry skin. Our Marigold and Winter cherry Deep moisturizing gel cream contains natural ingredients that deeply hydrate and moisturise the skin.